What is a ‘digital workplace’?
• Traditional intranet systems like corporate portals with company information, news, policies, employee catalogs, etc.
• Modern internal collaboration and employee self-service systems like internal social networks, blogging and messaging platforms, communities, internal HR, business travel managers, operations systems, etc.
• A large range of connected enterprise software systems that provide digital project management and an end-to-end collaboration environment for corporate teams and external partners, like project management and task management systems, DevOps environment platforms, e-mail systems, messengers, web conferencing and video chats, document management platforms, files sharing systems, CRMs, etc.
Atlassian Summit Europe 2017
Recently, Luxoft participated in the Atlassian Summit Europe 2017 event in Barcelona, where Atlassian shared their latest updates and provided insight about the future of the Atlassian ecosystem.
Atlassian’s mission is to unleash the potential of every team that utilizes their products, which makes their digital workplace tool stack a perfect fit for the modern digital workplace. Regardless of location, time zones and cultures, businesses form effective teams and unleash their potential via their modern digital workplace solution.
In addition, a traditional dilemma of many digital enterprises is sustaining a balance between team autonomy and management visibility. To that end, Atlassian’s digital workplace tool stack provides necessary visibility without significantly compromising a team’s autonomy.
Digital workplace by Atlassian
Atlassian’s tool stack includes everything necessary to organize your modern project management and collaboration efforts for large, distributed teams:
• Jira for project and issue tracking
• Trello for visual collaboration on any project
• Jira Service Desk for IT service desk and customer service
• Confluence for document collaboration
• HipChat for communication, video conferencing and file sharing
• Bitbucket for code version control
• Bamboo for project integration and release management
Almost all components of Atlassian’s digital workplace are available as hosted services, server on premises or Data Center on premises, or on any public cloud, e.g. Amazon Web Services.
All in all, Atlassian’s contribution to the digitalization of workplaces is huge. Atlassian provides not just products or platforms – they have a robust digital workplace ecosystem and a solid network of partners worldwide:
• Over 3,000 Add-ons available in the Atlassian Marketplace significantly extend the functionality of vanilla Atlassian products and provide additional integration capabilities
• Hundreds of solution partners all around the world help clients implement Atlassian products
Luxoft’s proven Atlassian expertise
With over 10 years of history of using Atlassian products to enhance the digital workplace, Luxoft is a step up from the majority of other Atlassian solution partners. Starting in 2007 with a project management environment for distributed software development teams, Luxoft bases its digital environment on Atlassian Jira, Confluence, HipChat, Bamboo, BitBucket, as well as a number of Atlassian Marketplace and Luxoft proprietary add-ons, and several third party products.
In 2013, Luxoft extended the project management environment with an intranet portal for Confluence. During the next couple of years afterward, the portal transformed into an internal corporate social network with news, blogs, microblogs, forums, communities, groups, talent management empowered by Luxoft’s enterprise gamification engine. And to support employees on the go, native mobile clients were developed for both iOS and Android platforms.
Now, several Luxoft digital workplace modules are available at the Atlassian Marketplace as Add-ons to Atlassian products. Among them are:
How do I start? – Transform with Luxoft
Luxoft’s Modern Project Management Center of Expertise, as a part of Luxoft Digital, provides solid digital workplace transformation solutions for small, medium and large enterprises. Through a reliable Atlassian platform, we fuel the digital workplace implementation in your digital transformation journey.
Our typical transformation project starts with a detailed current workplace assessment and analysis with results documented in an organization digital workplace maturity profile. Derived from these observations, we present a digital transformation strategy to address key business challenges. We then develop the digital workplace enterprise architecture and offer several detailed implementation roadmaps, reflecting options in transformation scope, level of innovation, duration, tool stack and price. After successful implementation, Luxoft typically provides technical and management consulting during adoption and scaling, as well as governance, license management, maintenance, support and enhancement implementation services.
It’s important to note that a digital transformation project tends to impact all levels of an organization – teams and individuals included. This may include changes to IT infrastructure, desktop, mobile, project management culture and internal communication patterns. Migrating the IT infrastructure to the cloud, implementing Agile and new project management and collaboration tools, implementing DevOps, and redesigning internal systems UI/UX are just some examples of organization-level shifts initiated by digital transformation.
Using Atlassian as a backbone for implementing the digital workplace allows clients to get a reliable modern project management and collaboration environment that supports their delivery and business operations effectively. With a moderate price, broad functionality, scalability, cloud availability and mobile enablement, the Luxoft digital workplace implementation via the Atlassian tool stack is the most effective way to address digital revolution challenges.
For more information, please contact us by clicking
MPM CoE Director