Partnered with Everest Group, we are proud to present the new Luxoft Innovation Series. Featuring high-demand workshops on the latest innovations tailored for business professionals, this series covers the needs of your workforce, internal operations, customer experiences and technology endeavors.
UX Design in Financial Services
In order to bring a leading financial solution’s UX skills into the future, our first installment in our series – UX Design – was held on Tuesday, October 24th at the iconic New York Stock Exchange. It focused on the latest trends in UX Design, their predicted impact on the financial solution’s and bank’s internal operations and customer experiences, recommended technology stacks and relevant case studies.
Attended by over 20+ executives across the financial institution, the session was conducted by Head of Luxoft Digital Experience, Victoria Klimova and Lead Solution Architect, Mikhail Druzhinin. The meeting addressed:
• User experience topics specific to financial solutions and why they’re important, such as financial psychology, knowledge of business processes, hidden costs of the negative user experience, technology specifics, stakeholder support, big data visualization, digital workplace, AI and others
• Information about UX processes and offerings from Luxoft with advice on how to successfully execute the client’s projects
• Important techniques on how to measure the success of a usability project and scale UX/UI teams
• Case studies in the following areas: Risk Management, Reference Trading Data, Portfolio Valuations, Retail Banking, Know Your Customer (KYC), Regulatory and Compliance, Wealth Management, Private Banking, Corporate Finance, Market Risk, Investment Banking, Trading and Derivatives
• Typical challenges in modern UX/UI development and how to fix them, including trends in web technologies and micro frontends
Everest Group’s Senior Industry Analyst, Jimit Arora, gave a presentation on the future of financial services and the role of UX. The presentation included interesting trends, how new trends are impacting financial services, orchestration methods, how to offer a Secure Ubiquitous Personalized Easy Responsive (SUPER) banking experience, information on technology-led disruption in capital markets, and statistics of the top challenges banks are facing on their digital experience journey. Measuring ROI, discovering which factors produce the greatest business impact, learning about interesting facts on digital effectiveness in European retail banking, and explaining correlations between digital functionality and the business impact were strong drivers of the presentation. The client was also named in the “Innovator” quadrant of Everest Group’s PEAK Matrix, positioning the bank ahead of many of its competitors.
After the initial meeting, we engaged in a few follow-up meetings for the rest of the week – resulting in new business for Luxoft and great UX improvement opportunities for the client. Through these sessions, Luxoft updated the bank with the latest UX technology trends in the industry, and planned for additional sessions on digital transformation – including but not limited to blockchain, AI, DevOps and big data.
To learn more about how we can customize this exciting series to your own business, please contact us at