A Top 30 G-SIBs bank was experiencing extreme pressure to improve data quality and avoid a credit withholding adjustment that would have a billon dollar impact on financial results. Their legacy data warehouse approach to ingest, analyze, and manage data with ongoing regulatory change was too slow resulting in poor quality and very significant operational costs creating a lack of confidence with regulators.
• Facilitated cross functional workshop create next generation architecture and data analysis requirements.
• First prototyped platform to test architecture and evaluate emerging technologies to govern data on big data platform.
• In process of implementing full pilot of solution and migrating initial analytic processes.
• Faster response to regulation changes, less capital/• Highly scalable architecture that supports governance and data quality management directly on big data platform.
• Faster data insights for regulators, and new competitive advantage for customer and products analytics.