Montvale, NJ, Oct., 2005
– LUXOFT, Inc., Russia’s leading software developer and IT services exporter, today announced a new service – LUXOFT Product Development & Maintenance (PDM) – aimed at accelerating time-to-market for independent software vendors (ISVs). LUXOFT PDM is designed to meet the growing demand from small- to mid-size ISVs by offering a wealth of functional capabilities such as product specifications and prototypes, design, engineering, product enhancement, product maintenance, and product support.
“We have found LUXOFT highly responsive to our special needs and stellar in delivery,” says Bill Wood, VP Development of Ping Identity Corp, a Denver-based ISV specializing in identity management solutions.
LUXOFT PDM combines the power of flexible and agile development methodologies supported by LUXOFT’s Agile Process (LAP), LUXOFT’s Centers of Expertise, and Rapid Operational Startup into an exceptional software development and maintenance environment for ISVs. Whether developing a new product, expanding functionality or customizing existing products, LUXOFT PDM provides ISVs with the ability to scale for potential growth, access to specific skills and know-how, and accelerated time-to-market. To ensure the success of these projects, LUXOFT pulls together special teams experienced in working under conditions of frequently changing product requirements, leveraging an innovative development approach, and rigorously following a strict IP security process and day-to-day communications guidelines.
Along with the general benefits all clients receive during long-term partnership with LUXOFT, the PDM service provides additional capabilities to software product developers and ISVs that easily translate into the following business value:
- Close collaboration between developers and clients/ISVs ensures the product meets the market need
- Flexibility in choice of a variety of development methodologies
- Readily available access to specific skills and the leveraging of tools/reusable components/libraries
- Positive track record of using best practices in product development
- Build-Operate-Transfer as a flexible strategy for protecting the investment in product development
- Full protection of intellectual property
“LUXOFT’s PDM model processes and tools ensure close collaboration to enable rapid alignment of our developers with our clients’ needs and vision, as well as the flexibility to make quick changes demanded by the market.” says Eugene Dmitriev, LUXOFT’s VP Engineering. “Our clients are able to focus on strategic activities while our LUXOFT PDM teams focus on execution. This has been true for our Fortune 500 customer base and increasingly necessary for small- to mid-sized companies in an incredibly competitive marketplace.”
LUXOFT, a global IT company, is Russia’s leading software developer and IT services exporter. The company, founded in 2000, has operations in the US, UK, Russia and Ukraine. Leveraging a unique, proven offshore engagement model, LUXOFT provides a full range of custom software development services for IT solutions on various platforms and technologies. LUXOFT’s software development processes meet the highest quality standards; the company was the first in Europe to achieve Level 5 CMMI quality certification. LUXOFT runs research and offshore development centers in Moscow, St. Petersburg, Dubna, Omsk and Kiev. LUXOFT enjoys long-term business relationships with clients operating in the IT, Manufacturing, Energy, Aviation, Finance and Government sectors, including some of the best-known global Fortune 500 corporations such as Boeing, Deutsche Bank, IBM, Citigroup, and Dell. Luxoft also works closely with many mid-size growth companies.