Gartner Outsourcing & Vendor Management Summit 2009
Moscow, Bucharest, Las Vegas - May 4, 2009
- Luxoft, a leading global provider of advanced application and product development services, today announced the opening of the new global Network Operations Center, LuxNOC, based in Bucharest, Romania. Staffed by over 100 engineers, the LuxNOC center will provide managed services for European and North American carriers and enterprises by performing round-the-clock monitoring of their network infrastructure. LuxNOC services are aimed at significantly improving the quality of the customer experience by increasing the uptime, security and performance of the network. The announcement was made at the Gartner Outsourcing & Vendor Management Summit where Luxoft was a Silver Sponsor.
“We have seen an unprecedented shift in the telecom industry in the last few years,” said Vasiliy Suvorov, VP Technology Strategy of Luxoft. “Carriers and service providers face the increasing convergence trend, as the industry moves toward IP-based multiple services. Technologies, such as VOIP and Skype, are reshaping its landscape. The new business model focuses on providing a seamless customer experience. Luxoft’s NOC services present an excellent opportunity for carriers and service providers to focus on what is really important for their business and delegate the network management to a specialist.”
Strategically located in the European Union, the new LuxNOC center will provide 24/7 managed network operation center’s services for carriers and service providers in Europe and North America. The LuxNOC boasts a 1,000 square meter, state-of-the-art lab facility complete with LAN/WAN and voice/traffic equipment from leading telecom manufacturers that allows for complex simulation and testing. The LuxNOC will be providing the following services:
• 24/7/365 monitoring of the network integrity with a rapid response within 15 minutes;
• Voice and data network performance management;
• Network traffic management aimed at maintaining connectivity and high quality of service;
• Fault reporting and analysis including trouble tickets review based on TL9000 specifications;
• Network migrations from legacy systems to next generation platforms.
Additional integration and acceptance services include:
• Network design, engineering and performance optimization;
• Development and implementation of tailored Network Management System (NMS) applications;
• New services integration and acceptance testing, according to the network operator’s quality standards.
Outsourcing the NOC function to Luxoft offers numerous benefits. It reduces the operational costs while maintaining excellent network uptime and service quality. Most importantly, it frees the internal resources of a carrier or a service provider to focus on revenue-generating activities. As new technologies enter the market, and the service providers have to work in a multi-service environment, outsourcing NOC to a specialist yields considerable savings on staff re-training and simplifies migration to a new platform. Additionally, Luxoft’s pool of highly skilled professionals can be tapped when demand rises, thus, lowering managerial and HR overhead. By outsourcing NOC to Luxoft, the clients receive 24/7/365 operation with instant response without the ownership costs.
Luxoft, a member of the IBS Group, is an emerging global leader in application and product engineering outsourcing services for enterprise IT organizations and software vendors. Luxoft builds lasting partnerships with its clients, such as Boeing, Deutsche Bank, UBS, Dell, IBM, Sabre and other global leaders, based on the culture of engineering excellence, innovation, and deep domain expertise. Luxoft offers global delivery capability through its network of state-of-the-art delivery centers in North America, Central & Eastern Europe, and Asia. Luxoft`s customers benefit from the right mix of technology skills, industry knowledge, best-of-breed processes and methodologies, and a choice of engagement models.
Luxoft has been awarded the #1 position in the “Emerging European Markets” category of the 2009 “Global Services 100” list. Company is also a recipient of the Applied Innovation Award from the IAOP and Wipro, ITAA and Forbes (together with Deutsche Bank).